Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for 50 years!

My Grandparents just had their 50 year anniversary, isn't that amazing! They are still going strong. They are such wonderful grandparents and I think they have shown me what a marriage should be and can be if you work hard for it. i was put in charge of making the card for the group gift. This is what I came up with.Since it was their 50th, I had to use gold. My husband said it looked gaudy, but what do you expect when you add gold.
I love the effect of gold on gold embossing. Basically you take your gold card stock and emboss gold on top of it, very elegant. You could do this with silver too.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Priceless , Hugs & Wishes
Paper: Very Vanilla , Vellum , Brushed Gold
Ink: Versa Mark
Accessories: On Board Lots Of Letters , Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, 1-3/8 Inch Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Gold Brads, Scallop Edge Punch, Retired Ribbon, Picture of my Grandparents on their wedding day.

No comments: