Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Back from Hawaii

I just wanted to show you the remaining cards we made for Ladies' Night Last month. This card is great if you have a lot of scraps that need to be used up.
Hint: I used my SU! square punch to punch out all the paper to make sure they were all the same size and fit perfectly together. I glued them onto a piece of white card stock (it really could be any color since you don't see it) and rolled it through my big shot.
I used some paper from Sale-A-Bration, because I had lots of scraps that I could use.
Hint: Stampin' Up! has great packs of designer paper that coordinate with each other.
Supplies:
Stamps: Say it With Scallops (retired)
Paper: Darling Dots DSP (retired), Naturals Ivory, Whisper White
Ink: Sahara Sand
Accessories: Certainly Celery Poly Twill Ribbon (retired), Scallop Square Punch, Top Note Die
I love the look of the next card, it is so sleek and simple. It is amazing how a little embossing can transform a card.
Hint: I used white embossing powder to create this image. If you want the image to pop, then use a dark Designer Paper or card stock with the white embossing powder. If you want a subtle image you could use clear embossing powder. Also make sure you use your embossing buddy on your paper before you stamp your image in VersaMark, you'll be sure to get a crisp image this way.
To add dimension to the card I distressed the edges of the white card stock.
Hint: Stampin' Up! has a Cutter Kit that has a distressing tool and other cool cutting tools.
To finish off the card I added a fun clip with some scrap ribbon attached.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Upsy Daisy
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Urban Garden DSP (Retired)
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Grey
Accessories: Clips Assortment, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon (Retired), White Embossing Powder

No comments: