Monday, July 20, 2009

Tulipe Scrap Book Layout

This is the next layout for the Wedding Album. I liked it a lot better once it was all put together. There are some fun details that I really like on these pages. When I was originally putting this layout together I was going to have the lines uniform on the bottom of the page. It was by accident that they were put off center. I like to say it was a happy accident, because I like how it turned out. Tip: Not all accidents are bad, embrace human error, you never know, you may end up loving it! Another thing that was unexpected is I found a scrap of paper with the tulipe already cut out of it, I thought that it would make a great stencil for an accent. Hint: You can create your own stencils using Stampin' Up! window sheets. Use your Big Shot dies with the window sheets and you can make stencils that you can clean, and reuse over and over. I pulled out my sewing machine for these pages, I am so glad I did because that is my favorite part about the pages. I ran two wavy lines of stitching up and down the dotted paper. I added a fun little bouquet on this page for the garter and bouquet toss.


I used my favorite paper snips from Stampin' Up! to cut out this image. Hint: They are great for getting into small spaces to get rid of that unwanted card stock.

I also added stitching around the title. It looks really nice in person.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Friends 24-7, The Snowflake Spot (retired)
Paper: Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, Retired DSP
Ink: Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum
Accessories: Tulipe Bigz Die, Wide Oval Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Lovely Label Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Sewing Machine and thread

No comments: