Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day to you all!

Be cautioned that this card does not use any traditional stamps for this festive card. If you read some of my previous posts you would know that I don't have any star stamps. One day I will do something about it. Anyway, I thought I needed to make an Independence day card anyway because I am proud to be an American and I thought I could celebrate by making a card. This is kind of what I came up with while I was taking a nap yesterday. To make the stripes I used some painters tape to go where the white lines are, then I used my watercolor joy wheel and rolled it over the exposed shimmery white card stock and then peeled off the tape. Now I have stripes! The big flower was done from Pick a Petal, I added dazzling diamonds to the polka dots, the middle of the flower and along the stripes. For the sentiment I actually took Happy from a Happy Anniversary Stamp and used my Euphoria Alphabet to put in 4th

Supplies:

Stamp Sets: Pick a Petal, Hugs and Wishes, Euphoria Alphabet

Paper: Shimmery White, Rose Red

Ink: Craft Ballet Blue, Rose Red

Accessories: Watercolor Joy Wheel, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds,

No comments: