Saturday, July 14, 2007

More Pages for my Brag Book Gift

I got a bit of scrap booking done this morning after I cleaned my house. Okay so my house isn't spotless but it is tidy! I was able to get most of my stamping done while my kids were sleeping. On this page I didn't want the safety pin, since this is a pirate themed baby book, so I covered up the safety pin with a bit of a post-it note and inked up the image in the Blue Bayou ink, then I removed the post-it note and stamped the image on whisper white CS. Then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the anchor in the right place.

On this page I used my SU! tag punches and I made a tag that can have a sentiment stamped on it or something written about the picture.

I took the ship image and stamped it on whisper white, Soft Sky, and River Rock Card stock. I used my blender pen to color in the image on the WW CS and then I cut out the body of the ship out of the River Rock and I cut out the waves from the Soft Sky CS.

This was a very simple page to do. I stamped Ahoy, Matey in Close to Cocoa and then a bird in Soft Sky. Punched out the sentiment with my 1 1/4" circle punch and then I punched out another circle with my 1 3/8" circle punch. I then punched a 1/8" circle out of my makeshift tag and then I added some taupe grosgrain ribbon.

I inked up just the bird for this page and I used my blender pen to color him in. I used my square punches and then I put the bird on an angle when I went to glue the squares together.

This is a technique called spotlighting. I stamped the image of the pirate in Close to Cocoa and I did not color him in. I stamped him again on another sheet of card stock and I colored him in with a blender pen. I then took the smaller of my two square punches and I punched out the part of the pirate I liked best and then I framed it in Soft Sky Card Stock. I glued the two squares together then I lined them up with the image on the scrapbook page. I still have at least 10 more pages to go so I can post them later when I have done them. I hope to get them all done tonight. That would make me happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pirate spotlighted! and I love the layout with the ship! great job!