Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Envelope Template/ Bathroom Project



This is a very simple card that I created to go with the envelope made with the Five-in-One Card Cover. The lining of the Very Vanilla Envelope matches the DSP Dashing on the card. I made a 6" x 3 3/4" Card using Very Vanilla CS. I cut a strip of the Designer Series Paper Dashing and added Merry Christmas in Old Olive ink. I matted the Christmas Tree from Season of Joy in Real Red and glued it all together.
So these next pictures aren't very pretty at all! This was supposed to be just a quick project were my husband was going to take out the old tile and put in a new floor. I only agreed to it because the tiling job was terrible and all the grout was popping out. The grout lines were too thick and they were never sealed. So anyway my husband was going to put in a quick linoleum floor so we would not have to wait a couple day while the tiles set and so on. Walter pulled up the flooring and found water damage all the way down to the skeleton of the house. So in short, this little project has turned into a full on remodel of our one and only bathroom, leaving us with no shower for two weeks. I am happy to say that we now have a working shower and a floor. I will post pictures of the finished project when it is all done!
So this is a picture of what was behind the vanity. I was so surprised to see that the previous owners filled the holes in the wall with T-shirt scraps, instead of actually patching them. I just laughed when Walter showed me. I told him that he needed to do things the right way when putting everything back. He was in total agreement. I just want to say that our next house will have at least two bathrooms, I never realized what a blessing a second bathroom was until this project.


No comments: