Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spring Flowers Birthday Calendar!

This is a Birthday Calendar and it comes all white and ready to decorate the way you want it. I was talking to my mom one day and she mentioned something about needing one of those calendars that you can use every year to keep Family and Friend's Birthdays on. So when she said that, I knew exactly what I was going to get her for her Birthday! I have been meaning to give this to her for the longest time, hoping she would fly out and I would just give it to her then. For one reason or another her trip out here has been put off several times. I figure she should at least know what she is getting from me! Surprise! So I had a lot of fun making this for my mother. On the pages inside I did a different design and theme for every month. For the cover I used Mellow Moss and Whisper White card stock. I also used the Designer Series Paper Spring Flowers from the SU! Catalog. In the picture, you can't see it that well, but at the top and bottom of the calendar I used my sewing machine and sewed across the mellow moss portions of the cover. I think the sewing added a fun touch. For the Flower, I traced the flower from On Board Accents on the Spring Flowers Paper and cut it out. I glued the paper to the flower and sanded all the edges with a sanding block. I then took my stamping sponge and inked it up with Chocolate Chip and sponged around the edges. I took the large round button from the Clear Buttons and put mellow moss behind it, I adhered it to the back of the button and cut the CS (card stock) around the edges. I used my Paper Piercing Tool to poke through the button holes, and then I threaded some ribbon from Seaside Ribbon Originals and tied it. I adhered the button to the flower, and the flower to the cover, with some Mini Glue Dots. At the bottom I tied Cream Grosgrain Ribbon and then added some scraps of Spring Moss and Chocolate Grosgrain, by tying a simple knot. The Sets I used were It's Your Birthday, Whimsical Alphabet Upper and Lower. I also did some distressing on some of the edges of my CS. I may post some of my favorite pages from this calendar later. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how you decorated the front of the birthday calendar. I love the paper. It's so rich!